Monday, September 22, 2008

find my spot

Last night when I was trying to go to sleep I realized that I haven't seen my Spot beacon in a long time. I wasn't really sure when I used it last. I got up and went down and looked through my box of crap that was on the CTR with me. Not there. I decided to log into my account and hope that it could tell me where it last sent a signal. I found it. Errrr...rather....I know the general direction and coordinates of where it's at. It's up on Pikes Peak. Looks like the batteries took a crap a while back but before that it sent the same coordinates every 10 minutes for a few days. When I was up there a few weeks ago I took a digger on the way down. I had a real low speed fall but I fell down the mountain and slid down a little granite scree field. I bet it's in that scree somewhere. So tomorrow I have to go up and search for it. Hopefully the snow that's up there isn't too deep. That was one expensive toy so I'd like to get it back.

3 comments:

Pedal Brake Pedal by TK said...

no freakin' way! if you find that thing, you really are a mountain man. it's not always easy to find the spot, you know....

Chris said...

I wonder what search and rescue would say if I called it in?

Chris said...

Hell...now that you mention it...I wonder if S&R could help with the other issue?