Thursday, September 4, 2008

My old crib

This is the house that Neumann built. It is located on the south side of St. Louis in the Bevo area. Believe it or not I bought this diamond in the rough for $59,000. It was my first house. It was a wreck when I bought it. I did the siding, built the deck, gutted the bath, re-did the kitchen, installed carpet upstairs, and of course...painted everything. I was in such a hurry to sell it so I could relocate to Colorado that I got no pictures of the finished product. It was so nice when it was done but I bet I was moved out a week after the paint dried. The garage was the best part of the house. It was an oversized 2 car with a ceiling mounted heater. I used to wash my Golf and Audi in it during the coldest winter days in shorts and no shirt...sweating.

The new owner has let things go a lot. I was meticulous about the lawn and almost cried when I pulled up to it. Ever hear of a trimmer buddy?


3 comments:

Bachelor Paul said...

Hello

Pedal Brake Pedal by TK said...

hey, bachelor paul says hello...i remember changing out springs in the '95 mustang in that killer garage of yours. i'd love to have one like that now.

Chris said...

Super cool for BP to stop by.

The garage at the current house is pretty sweet too but it would be a long drive for any spring swapping on your current run of Fords. The only difference between the 2 is that at the Concordia garage I had to deal with the noisy neighbors and their bumpin' bass and the naked kid that ran up and down the alley. Out here I just have to deal with the odd deer or curious bear.