Friday, January 1, 2010

Yes!!!!!

Yesterday afternoon I got a call from Rick up at JDB Imports about the fate of my van. He said he had successfully exorcised the demons from it. He also said he had been driving it around for about 45 minutes and was impressed with it. "It's got power," were his exact words. I said, "Dude...we're talking about the maroon 88 right?" The biggest culprit turned out to be the relay that controls the ECU. It was sending intermittent power to the computer and this was freaking out everything. Rick also installed one of his patent pending kits that takes care of the dreaded "Vanagon syndrome" (slight loss of power and bucking that can show up every other day or every 6 months). Years ago VW offered a pigtail harness that was supposed to cure this issue but it doesn't. If you know what I'm talking about...I no longer even have that harness that goes to the air meter. I drove Ron home last and fell in love all over again.

I am also very proud to say that for the first time since I've known Heather...I pulled off the New Year's eve thing. I must say that it was all worth it. The fireworks reflecting off the Peak were beautiful. I did have one of Woodland Parks finest pull up my street while I was taking in the fireworks. He stopped and started in on what I was doing and where I lived. I told him there was nothing to see here officer. We only have half a dozen or so officers in this town but I never saw him before so they musta brought in the big guns last night.

Off to the gym and then I'll squeeze in a ride later.

No comments: