Saturday, January 9, 2010

Finally

The weather was decent enough today to get out. I was out for about 2.5 hours on my mountain bike. My Reba fork has been giving me issues lately and now it's entirely blown and the lockout isn't working. The ride was still good and I think tomorrow is supposed to be nice again so I'm hoping to get out for about 3 hours on my road bike.

I almost came home with another puppy today. While I was riding along on a gradual climb, I thought I heard something behind me. I looked and thought I caught something out of the corner of my eye but it went to the other side. I kept looking back and forth for probably 5 times until I turned all the way around and saw a yellow lab running along with me. It followed me for about a quarter of a mile. Then took off down into the ditch and popped back up with a 3 foot long branch that was about 3" in diameter and ran along side of me again. Obviously I was worried about her getting hit so I stopped. She dropped the stick and then ran 10 yards away and just stared at me. I went over and started petting her and noticed she had a tag but it was just a rabies vaccination tag so there was no address. It really bothers me when people aren't more responsible with their dogs. I know that sometimes dogs are crafty and can get out of the yard but isn't making sure that the area is secure part of being a responsible owner? Heather and I went looking for her a while ago but didn't find her. Hopefully she's sleeping on a couch in someone's warm home. Surprisingly, I don't think Heather would have been all that upset with me. We could have had 3 puppies!!!!!!!!

No comments: