Saturday, January 30, 2010

I've been spending some time on my singlespeed here lately. I like the idea of one gear but I'm not too fond of riding a 26er anymore. I'm giving some thought to converting my Orbea to a SS just to see how I like it. We'll see.

It was a gorgeous day to be out on the bike today. I did a favorite loop of mine. We have a paved road that climbs up to a gravel road just up from town and then you can take the singletrack back down. It's a fun loop. For some strange reason I was able to do the loop today in partial snow as fast as I do it geared with no snow. Not sure if I could do 2 more laps of it with similar times but I may try tomorrow if I get bored.
This is your token shot of Pikes Peak.

This is right at the start of the trail after turning off the gravel road (Rampart Range Road). The trail follows those power lines pretty much back down to town. The Continental Divide is looming in the distance.

No comments: