Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Mountain Lions

I just got back from scouting for the elusive yet elegant mountain lion. There have been numerous sightings of the fabled creature just down the hill from us. In fact, on the news last night was a tragic story of a family that lost their dog to a cub. Apparently, the family heard the dog barking and looked out to see it running along the fence line. Minutes later it yelped loudly and when they looked out again, it was being carried off in the mouth of a cub as momma proudly watched. Now....more sympathetic for the dog I can't be but perhaps worse is the fact that the kids watched the entire thing. However, I would love to see a mountain lion. Tonight I drove around slowly on the western side of Green Mountain Falls and Cascade and got nothin' to show for the effort except less gas. Perhaps I should have tied on a T-Bone to the bumper?

Again...my thoughts drift back to 4 things: Bodhi, a large bottle of Sweet Baby Rays Honey BBQ Sauce, a sturdy rope, and a camera. Wait add 2 more things. I need a chair to sit in and I might as well have a cold beer while I'm waiting.

I keeeeed.

No comments: