Sunday, December 28, 2008

Today's project

I love working around the house and I usually always have several projects going on during the Christmas break. Today I installed lights under the kitchen cabinets. I was amazed at how much of a pain it was to put these things on and have the wiring look clean (you can be 100% sure that my OCD was flaming like a pack of hemorrhoids). You have to take each light all the way apart before you can mount a cup under the cabinet and then re-assemble the light once the cup is in place. These lights are very small and the screws are tiny. Working upside down and sometimes laying on the counter to do this was frustrating. At one point, I lost focus and made an error that could have been incredibly serious. Normally, my attention to detail on jobs around the house, on the bike, or the Jeep is very good but...I'm still counting my blessings. I'm ashamed to admit this but, I was trimming a chord and grabbed the side cutters (some folks call em dikes but...I'm PC) and as soon as that cutter hit the hot wire through the insulation...things got spicy. Right away I knew what I did and was incredibly embarassed. Thankfully I use good tools and they had nice insulation on the handles or I might not be here. It only tripped a breaker so I lucked out there too. Coulda been ugly. Unfortunately my next project also involves electricity. Supposed to be 50 tomorrow though so I may take a day off and go ride outside instead of being in the garage. I'm also hoping to take Bodhi on a hike. Word on the street is that there is a very interesting rock formation nearby and I am very eager to see if I can find it. If it's as good as I hear...you'll definitely be seeing some pics of it.

2 comments:

Pedal Brake Pedal by TK said...

damn! that looks like a pimps kitchen. you ain't a pimp, are ya???

Chris said...

Not exactly....but I do need to get my ass back streetside.