Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Possibly on the radar.

I spoke with Heather about really focusing on the National Ultra Endurance series this year but the races are simply too far away and I'd have to fly. I still owe her a honeymoon so that aint happnin' right now. She fully supports my riding, and fishing, and other quirks, but this was a stretch. The Breck 100 is the only race that's near to me but it's about a week before the CTR and that concerns me. So it looks like my main objective for 2009 will be the CTR again but this has me thinking. I'd have to take Friday and Monday off work and just plan on being done Monday. I'd have to back at work on Tuesday which would suck b/c I know I'd be wrecked. Things that will make it not happen:
1. If my bike's not ready (getting a major overhaul over the winter and it's gotta be reliably ready).
2. I'd have to fly b/c I'll lo$e too much time driving and I have no clue about those logistics.
3. There are probably snakes on that trail and they WILL get killed.
4. Last night Bodhi took a dump in my closet and it made for an interesting clean up. This has nothing to do with the decision but I'm still trying to forget the smell.
5. There was another issue I was concerned with but I can't recall it this early.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I 'might' do the AZT again, if so I may be able to help with the logistics.

Did'nt see any snakes last yr, but just caus I did'nt.........

Pedal Brake Pedal by TK said...

dude, you totally have to do that race.

...if she'll let you.

Chris said...

Marshal, I will need to talk to you about this. The more I look into it the harder it looks for me to be able to pull off. Flying into Phoenix is cheaper but then I gotta get to the start. Then I gotta figure out how to get back to Phoenix afterwards and get me and the bike home. Trail looks gorgeous but it's gonna be tough to pull off I think.

Anonymous said...

if I do it, not really sure yet, then trust me...your only sticking point would be getting your tired body from the finish to the airport, the rest is easy, if I have my van, I could haul bikes etc, and if it's like last yr others will be around to help with getting cars & vans to the right spots/times etc etc