Saturday, December 20, 2008

Bad owners suck

There's this guy that lives up the street from us who walks his collie every day off leash. He talks on his cell phone and the dog just roams as far as 100 yards away from him. The dog comes in everyone's yard and poops, and marks it's territory and of course he never picks anything up. He usually hangs out in my neighbors yard for up 20 minutes because my neighbor puts all scrap food out in his front yard for the bears and foxes to eat (an entirely different issue that's probably worthy of some attention). Anyway...I called the guy on it a few days ago when I came home to let mine out and had to wait until he walked back down the street to get the collie. I mean...if I were to let out my dogs out off leash it would be irresponsible. They could chase something, get hit by a car, etc. They could also get pissed that his dog is in our yard and go to investigate. If things got aggressive, it'd be my fault. Again...if the tables were turned I'd probably get a citation (and should). Few things make me as frustrated as bad dog owners and parents.

No comments: