Sunday, December 14, 2008

I've about kicked this cold/flu or whatever it is and just in time for a batch of storms that are supposed to last through the week and dump as much as a few feet on us from what the weather folks say but you know how that goes. The dogs are good but the little guy just has soooo much energy and when I'm sick or the weather isn't good, it makes it really hard to exercise him and then he's a complete lunatic. So....I scanned Craigslist today and came up with a possible solution. I found a super nice treadmill that some lady wanted to unload for $75. I had no idea that treadmills went for as much as one with incline and all the bells and whistles does. It's probably going to take some time to get him comfortable with it. He's a little shy around it now. Dharma got right on it and walked but she's not really the problem. Obviously I'd rather walk him outside but there are times when it's either not possible and there are also times when even a four mile walk/run has zero effect on him. I truly believe that when a dog is tired it's much easier to train them and they are just happier. My plan is to slowly introduce him to it. Today we just sat on it and ate Pupperoni's. Then we turned it on and sat next to it while eating more treats. That was enough for today. hopefully in a week or so I'll be able to supervise him on it while I sit and read a book. It might lead to more moments like this after a recent run.



This thing inclines and counts calories and tells heart rate but it does not fold up but I can't complain. I got so much fire wood that it takes up half a bay anyway so no biggie. I don't think it's been used more than a few times. And no.....we're not looking to start a dog ring I could care less about my dogs being strong I just need them to be happy/balanced.


1 comment:

Dan Schmatz said...

Soon there will be another bike hanging in yoiur garage. Should be there today or tomorrow.

merry christmas