Monday, December 22, 2008

Dogs

Bodhi has been really sick lately. He's had a bout with diarrhea that we're just now getting a handle on. It was nothing crazy like Giardia or anything but just the normal bacteria that dogs have in their systems. He just had too many of the bad ones. Normally larger dogs can cope with it but the little ones sometimes have trouble. A bit of yogurt and about 3 days of meds and he's solid as a rock. This dog has been to the vet more times than I count. To be honest, I wasn't sure that this was a good time for another pup with grad school and all but I really like him and I'm so glad we decided to do it. Although he is proving to be way more difficult than Dharma every was....it's worth it. When we brought him home he was 12 lbs. Even with all the intestinal issues he's had, he tipped the scales at 25 a few days ago. Everyone told me when we first got him that he wasn't gonna be big. I disagreed and wont be surprised if he ends up being close to 80. He still has all of his baby teeth (fronts and molars). Typically they lose their fronts right at 4 months so I'm ball parkin' his age at somewhere around there.



BIG TROUBLE.


Despite how this looks, Bodhi is NOT pooping.

No comments: