Thursday, July 17, 2008

This years CTR looks to be shaping up rather nicely. The official starter list is still not public but the rumor mill is certainly cookin'. It looks like there will be me, another Woodland Park local by the name of Marshal Bird, former St. Louisan Chris Plesko (who I believe will be going single speed), Dave Nice (who will be going fixed gear), a guy named Jim who happens to live up in Westminster (sorry I don't know Jim's last name but his site has some killer photos), independent Fabrications sponsored pro Trish Stevenson and that's the only people I know. There's a fella coming up from Texas. There's supposed to be another female racer. All in all, I'm hearing there are about 12 right now.
Today I found out that Matt Lee is going to let Stefan borrow the SPOT devices that were used in the Tour Divide Race. This means that there should be a SPOT available for racers that do not have their own. Those of us that have our own have provided Stefan with our unit numbers. It looks like there is going to be a leaderboard so that viewers will actually be able to see all of the racers (or at least the ones that choose to use a beacon) and see how things are shaping up. Additionally, Joe Polk is providing us with a toll free number for the call ins and he will also be putting our call ins on Podcast on his site so viewers will be able to hear the dread in racers voices as they check in periodically. I'm super stoked about all this.

5 comments:

Jim said...

Hi Chris,

I'm glad you like my pictures. I'm not making it this year so I'll have to ride vicariously with you guys by watching the Spots...But if I can keep my focus (and the family approves), I'll be ready for next year.

Good luck!

Chris said...

Jim,

The pic you had with the shelf-trail on that loose skree was unreal.

Are you soloracer on mtbr? I assumed you were and that everything was a go for you. Sorry if something came up man.

Chris said...

Never mind. I see that soloracer lives in Silverthorne.

Sorry you're not going to make it this year Jim.

Pedal Brake Pedal by TK said...

someone from chiba chiba is checking out your stuff.

Chris said...

Not only that but...I got the Honshu bookends up in this bitch. Better recognize.