Thursday, July 10, 2008

Got in a super nice 60 mile ride on my mountain bike today. The sun was out and the skies were filled with some fair weather clouds. The wind coming down from the Divide was cool enough to make it enjoyable but not strong enough to make it more difficult. That's all I can say. I also tried out my new backpack that Donny and Ron helped me with down at Mountain Chalet. I went in to look at some of the Osprey packs but just didn't dig em for this particular application. I went with a Camelback pack instead. I like it a lot better than the North Face one I've been using. That, and what should arrive tomorrow, will take care of 2 major issues that were making me worry just a tad. One more piece of the puzzle left to deal with and I'm waiting for a General Manager of a shop to get back from vacation before I go in and butter him up for a deal. Then I should be all set. I think. I've tweaked my game plan just a bit for race day. It's just better for my body. It's going to be difficult to follow the plan that first day when riders are still somewhat close to each other but I think it's best. It'll take some discipline. More on that later. That's all I got. Thanks for checking in.

No comments: