Monday, July 14, 2008

Like a baby

Last night was the best sleep I've had yet in my hammock. I'm gonna keep my solution on the down low for now but I'll share it when this is done. It's a temporary fix to get me to Durango and then the real fix is gonna require me to get behind a sewing machine and get creative. I went out to go to sleep at 11 and had a real hard time drifting off. Our house is incredibly quiet even with the windows open. I'm a pretty light sleeper as well. We are on a dead end street and if a car comes by or an animal walks by, I wake up. It's amazing how much louder it is in the backyard where I can here much more on top of the hill. When we're done in this town, it's gonna be brutal for me to live in a city again. Wish circumstances weren't beyond our control but...they are and it makes us unhappy.

It's almost time to go!!

3 comments:

Pedal Brake Pedal by TK said...

you know, i have slept with ear plugs every night of my life since august, 2000. it's a must if you're a light sleeper!

Chris said...

I had a bad experience with those wax ear plugs. Those things really make it quiet but when one of them gets lodged down in your ear...it's big trouble.

Dan Schmatz said...

I had a teammate that ate at least a dozen of them over a two year period in the middle of the night!