Wednesday, July 2, 2008

SPOT

I ran a test this morning and it seems to be working fine. Technology is amazing. I have a 10 member SPOT team that can receive emails or text messages when I check in. I have to actually press a button to check in. I can also set the SPOT to track mode and it will update my location every 10 minutes. Each night and morning when I sleep I will turn the unit off and once I turn it back on I think I have to check in before I can turn on track. Members should then be able to follow the initial check in link to view my locations throughout the day so I don't think you members will get an email every 10 minutes (I hope not).

I'm still not sure how I'm going to set it up so that non SPOT members can view the maps. If I can't get a Google map loaded directly on here then I think I will give the reins to Heather and see if she can cut/paste the link sent to her email and post it for others to use on here.

If you have used this and know of an easier way I'd love to hear about it. I know a local guy that used this during the Arizona Trail Race and he said it was cake so...Marshal...I may be contacting you. Thursday and Friday I'm taking off from Waterton Canyon and will ride as far as I can just to see how the trail looks and see how the tracking feature works on here.

I can't believe race day is almost here. It seems like yesterday I was in the gym or walking the incline down in Manitou Springs. Thank you everyone for the support.

No comments: