Tuesday, May 13, 2008

TK and I used to talk all the time about cars while we worked together at the shop or rode. Now...talking about cars is not why I started this site but he's been talking about a suitable vehicle for him and his family and I happened to stumble across this gem on ebay. I would love to buy this. We do a ton of camping and when I'm not getting ready to ride as far as I'm going to be this summer, I am normally chasing trout 5 days a week...sometimes 9 days a week. With this...I could actually set up residence down by the river. I really don't care about going fast anymore. I'm in no hurry. There's always coffee to be had and good Bluegrass to listen to while I'm driving. Speaking of coffee...I could actually brew it on the stove inside this bad boy. I always have tons of fly fishing gear in my vehicle so I needs me some space. Fly rods are about 9 feet long and I don't ever take mine apart just b/c when I see even a puddle, I move like a puma.
This Westfalia looks really sharp with new paint, interior, and it's even got the adjustable awning. Trained eyes will also notice that this one even sports South African grill and head lights, and even the cool mud flaps.





Throughout the 80's, these came equipped with either a 1.9L, 90 or 95 hp motor or (towards its demise) the 2.1L, 90 hp motor. The main issue with these motors was always blown head gaskets. However...folks that really get into these do a Subaru motor conversion. This one has a turbo charged, 2.2 Subie conversion in it. To further complicate things...it's located in Colorado.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just buy the damn thing, you know you want it! I'll try to keep tabs on you as you get ready for the ride. Sorry we couldn't make it out for the big day!