Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Ring the Peak

I'm an idiot. I've been living here for 3 years now and I just found out about this trail late last night. It's a trail that almost circles Pikes Peak entirely. Right now it's about 80% finished and I'm not sure how to go about navigating the other 20% but I thought I'd get in a longer day and check it out. It's a mix of singletrack and fire roads with some hike a bike sections thrown in for good measure. Based upon what I've seen of the Colorado Trail, this appears to be a pretty good trail system to train on.
Last night I started getting worried about whether or not I could finish the CTR. I still have a decent amount of time to prepare but I wanted to throw in a longer ride and see how it felt. I'm very happy with how things went today. Total mileage was 41 and time on the bike was just under 5 hours with an average heart rate of 139 beats per minute. I burned 3413 calories today. Here's some pics.





Pikes Peak


I'm not sure what's intriguing about this picture but it did give me a minute to catch my breath.


Really cool little stream.


Looks like that's all the pics I can load in one post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

RTP thread

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=206086&highlight=ring+the+peak

check outs Scott's
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=318115

I think Scott's time for RTP would be a good "test" for a CTR contender