Thursday, May 8, 2008

Carousel Design Works

Jeff Boatman was highly recommended when I began asking about suitable bags for this trip. I never heard one bad thing about the guy and now I know why. When I ordered these Jeff was about 5 weeks out. He runs a solo operation (except for his dog) but has plans on expanding. He's kind of at the point where he's starting to need some help. It sounds like he's super busy but he really knows what he's doing. He spends a lot of time riding in the Sierra Nevada's so the gear is dialed. We spoke on the phone about what I wanted and I couldn't be happier. If you're wanting to check out some longer range bags for riding please look him up. His prices are fantastic and he also does custom orders as well. He'll even doodle inspiring pictures on the box before he ships it out. Thanks Jeff.

The handlebar bag is a dual roll bag and Jeff put three pockets on the front of this one. The middle velcro pocket will hold my camera and the outer 2 will be perfect for holding gel. The seatbag is every bit as expandable and Jeff calls this one the Escape Pod. All of the opening close up like a dry bag would. I'll seam seal all the stitching and things should stay dry. They're made from lightweight Cordura and the guy really knows his way around the sewing machine.







Figures that it's raining, hailing/borderline snowing right now since I want to go ride around and see how they feel. I got out for a second before the skies opened up and they really don't seem to make riding an issue. Might take some getting used to on technical singletrack but the ride's 530 miles so I should have time to adjust.
Thanks again for looking.

No comments: