Monday, May 12, 2008

good times

Surprisingly, the road riding up here is a bit lacking. We have one highway that leads up the mountain and into town. It heads out of town and towards Buena Vista. There's a second highway that forks off in town and heads towards Deckers. Both are 55 mph. I have never ridden the one leading to Deckers b/c no shoulder and blind corners creates a high pucker factor. All of my road rides end up on the other highway. The shoulder is really big but I still avoid it like the plague during rush hour.
We're still getting weather every once in a while so I've actually had to ride the trainer a bit last week and I was really wanting to get outside today so I braved it. I haven't ridden that hard since I was racing back in St. Louis and riding with friends all the time. I always ride alone here so I never get to compare anything other than previous ride numbers. Most of my rides in preparation for this race are endurance type stuff so I hardly ever just get out and ride until I feel nauseous. So much fun.

No comments: