Sunday, May 25, 2008

No time to waste

I know there's still 2 months left but I feel like I'm running out of time. I still have lots of things to work out. One of the things I wanted to have done was a full physical and blood work done by my doctor. Had that completed last week. Prognosis: super high triglyceride levels in my blood. Approaching 3x too high. I was a bit scared at first. I don't go to all you can eat fish fries. Apparently you can see those high levels if you eat lots of carbs, dairy products, bacon, and even my precious soy milk (to name a few). My doctor wants me to fast for 12 hours so she can check the levels again but before my ride today I changed my diet pretty drastically.

A normal pre-ride breakfast for me would be 4 eggs, bacon, whole wheat toast, OJ, 2 cups of coffee, hash browns, a banana, and maybe some granola cereal for good measure. I supplement that with a liquid meal and GU products when I'm on the bike. Today I had 2 bowls of granola cereal, a banana, OJ, and some toast. The wind was howling at 30 mph today and I felt terrible on the bike. I did get in 60 miles but it was not a pleasant ride today. My heart rate crept up and up each lap until the end. I had to do the last lap more above anaerobic threshold than should be necessary. I'm anxious to see the results of the next test.

No comments: