Monday, February 21, 2011

You know what's outta control??

The price of razor blades! For years I have used Gilette Sensor Excel razors. A few years ago, Gilette came out with a new razor with 4 blades and it began to get a little hard to find the older 3 blade model that I use. What's the big deal you ask? Well...when I'm shaving, I know exactly where the blade is going to hit when I'm working around facial hair. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to shaving. I don't have much hair up top so I take pride in what's on my face. Hair that is. I will spend up to half an hour in the bathroom making sure that everything is lined up correctly. Then I usually go back in after a break and check on things again. I always ask Heather to evaluate things as well. The drawer of tools that I have is quite impressive. I even have a straight edge. Heather always laughs when we're out in public and I comment about some dude's crooked ass goatee or poorly trimmed beard. Take some pride!! I also know precisely how much pressure I can put on that blade on my bald head and not end up killing myself.

Anyways...I had to run to Safeway last night for some Coke and, while there, I remembered I needed shaving gel and razors. Well...Safeway doesn't carry the Sensor Excel. They only carry the 4 blade model. So there I am in the shaving aisle weighing my options. Do I go with something new? Hell no!! I started getting mad and a co-worker walked up behind me and asked what was up. I think he was alarmed at how serious I take my facial grooming as well as my loyalty to the Sensor Excel. I should mention that my favorite razor comes in packs of 5 and 10. I prefer the 5 pack b/c it's damn hard to shell out 20 dollars for the 10 pack. That is completely out of control!! I also lied. Safeway does have the Sensor Excel but only in the 10 pack. I may grow a beard just to protest Gilette.

This truly reminds of the Seinfeld episode where George attempts to steal something from the drug store for Jerry because the price is inflated and he's doesn't agree. For a second I actually considered stealing the 10 pack but...that's just wrong.

No comments: