Thursday, March 25, 2010

Rocky Mountain Health Care

Has me scratching my head. Several months ago I got a fishing hook embedded in my hand and could not get it out for the life of me. Because it was metal and dirty I decided it would be best to go to the doctor. Now...the place we went was an in network provider. However...several weeks after the incident, we were notified that the doctor that performed the work was an out of network doctor. How the hell am I supposed to know this? So...after talking to my insurance company, they tell me that I'm going to have to pay for the visit out of pocket. $500!!!! They tell me I can write a letter of dispute so that was done. A few days ago I received a letter from them stating that they would be making a decision in a few days as to whether or not they would pick up the tab or if I would have to. I don't understand (and no one at RMHC has been able to explain/justify to me) how the *%@! I'm supposed to know that the doctor is out of network. Why is he even able to work at an in network provider? This seems odd to me.

1 comment:

Scott said...

This whole story still leaves me speechless.