Saturday, March 6, 2010

I like to shy away from work related banter here but......what a Friday it was. The morning started off with me losing one of my favorite students. He was taken in for probation violation and I won't see him again. It was entirely his choice but it is frustrating to put all the time and energy that I had in him only to watch him throw it away. Truly a neat student that I will miss but...this is the nature of the game and sometimes that's easy to forget. That investigation took a bit over 4 hours to get to the bottom of and as soon as I said goodbye to him I moved on to another one. Two gone. Back to my room to find out that 2 more additional students of mine are being ticketed for offenses that aren't gonna go over well in court at all.

Don't know what the hell is going on. Full moon's not until the 16th. Could be the warmer weather and spring fever. Could be that Spring Break is coming up. Could be that we're in the middle of state testing. I know that it's not a result or reflection of me but those that know me know I will take it on and beat myself up for no less than a few days because of it.

On a brighter note...I think I'm gonna pack up some stuff and go explore some new fire roads on my bike today. It's been a while since I've ridden and I truly don't know if I can ride for longer than 2 hours so I'm bringing my bivy and food just in case I need to take an emergency nap or do an overnighter. I might even have to bring the SPOT in case I need to call in the troops to get me when things go to hell 8 miles from home and my bottom lip starts to quiver like a puppy trying to pass a peach pit.

No comments: