Thursday, March 25, 2010

Lemme show ya shumthin!!!

Fire Marshal Bill would probably not have been a very happy camper at my house today.


The dryer has been making a strange noise lately so I decided to tear it apart this morning and see what I could see. This dryer has gotta be close to 30 years old. This thing was here when we moved in but it didn't produce much heat. The dryer we lugged out from St. Louis was gas so we had to keep this dinosaur. I tore it apart then and found a few of the heating elements were broken and I replaced them. I was pretty sure the current noise was the drum bearing getting ready to go and I am a cheap bastard so I decided to try and keep it going. This is what it looks like all apart. Really not too much to these things.

I did find enough lint/dog hair to make a third animal of some sort. This much lint is probably a fire hazard so I gave it a thorough cleaning. I lubed up the drum sliders and the bearing (which actually looked good) and threw it back together. It's quiet as can be now. I wonder how long this thing can last?

No comments: