Monday, March 22, 2010

Pretty fine day

Did I mention that I'm on Spring Break? Of course I slept in a bit today and then got up and had waffles and coffee before I went out for a small ride. The temps were the warmest they've been in a while. The forest roads are a mess and there's so many little cinders on the roads that I don't wanna take my road bike out. The road bike is a great way for me to get in some big hours without all of the abuse that comes with mountain biking but I'm not looking all that forward to it this year. Oh well...eventually when this degree is done and it gets warm I'm going to make it a point to do an overnighter each week I think. Anywho...this is where I rode my Alma today. I saw lots of elk, mule deer and F250's but this is the one picture I got off before the batteries took a crap. It was still in the afternoon when I got back. Mere mortals were probably sitting in their desks at work, shuffling papers or performing other critical tasks. Being that I had nothing else that I HAD TO DO...I grabbed a beer and went out on the deck to sit in the sun. Soon after finishing said beer, I did fall into a deep sleep that lasted for several hours. After dinner I decided to cap off the day with a fine cigar back out on the deck while watching the sun go down behind the mountains. What a shitty day.



Tomorrow it's supposed to be even warmer. I think I shall go to one of my usual haunts on the beautiful South Platte river and chase trout. Of course I'll take pictures to rub it in I mean share.

2 comments:

Scott said...

let's see those pics!

Chris said...

Mother Nature is an evil bitch.