Sunday, February 21, 2010

Weight

I am so unbelievably bored. I have shoveled my driveway and my neighbors as well as moved some stuff around in the garage. Since I have the time today, I decided to go through some gear. I was really happy with things last year but I know I can go without a lot of it. This is my sleeping kit for this year. The bivy itself went from about 26 oz. down to about 7 oz. I'm using the same sleeping bag. Last year I used a portion of a yoga mat as a pad/insulator but it was really heavy for it's size and took up a ton of space. This year I am using an 1/8" closed cell foam pad that I trimmed down. It's gotta be right at 1 oz. The entire shabang shouldn't be any more than 2 lbs. I'll weight the bag this week to see.


I'm having Mike Curiak build my wheels this year. He's riding in Alaska right now but should be back soon and then he'll start on them. I'm slowly starting to stockpile the parts that will go on the bike but I won't swap it all out until July 1. Hopefully this stuff will hold up to another half a summer of abuse.

No comments: