Saturday, February 13, 2010

CTR

Last year there was so much debate over what the route was going to be that it seemed like it took forever for a final decision to be made. This year I really didn't care much what the official route was. I had my own route in mind. I'm glad to see that the official route is exactly how I want to go. It's the same course as last year with one minor change that will take us off highway 285 just after Bailey. We'll be on a forest service road for about 5 more miles.

For a while now I've been lacking some motivation to ride but I'm pretty inspired right now. Just need some warmer temps since someone ate my gloves. I'll probably order up my new wheels next week. This year we will leave on Monday, August 2 at 0600. This will probably be the last time I line up for this event unless a good friend decides to give it a go one year and then I'd do it again. Those that have done this kind of stuff know just how hard it is and what the dark moments can look and feel like. Those same people also know how hard I am on myself and that there are times now when I think I pussed out TWICE. I considered lining up for a similar start in Banff a month and a half earlier but I think it would be a mistake and require me to come back to Waterton Canyon again at some point. For the most of the winter I have been trying to think of a way to raise the bar a bit for this year. I've settled on something. Stay tuned.

No comments: