Saturday, February 27, 2010

brakes

Some people suggested that I sell my beloved Orbea and get a new bike this year but I really like that frame a lot. So...I decided to start getting in parts for it slowly. I'll ride it like it is now and then rebuild it about a month before the start. Since I'm not really getting the homey hook up right now I'm forced to scour for deals. I did good with these. I'm still debating on some of the parts but most know that I am a Shimano guy. I've been told that these will work better than my current XT's which have been a real headache. These sure feel good. The rear one looks the same so just imagine 2 of them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As long as you run a HT I can’t envision doing better than your current bike for the CTR. You could even run stans with the new/future rims if you are so inclined.
If I had your frame I might think about a small frame pack to take a bit of weight out of the back—other than that………..

Chris said...

2 steps ahead of you. The new wheels will be tubeless and a gas tank is in the works. It should be easier for me to stuff my pie hole if I don't have to stop and dig through jersey pockets or a backpack.