Monday, February 1, 2010

Entrepreneur??

I think that's the word I'm looking for. Sometimes I'm amazed at the simple things that we have that someone came up with and is now probably a millionaire because of. Beer koozies. Million dollar idea. I recently came across a guy in Seattle who is using old waders to make things like messenger bags and wallets but the coolest thing he makes is a beer koozie from the neoprene feet of old waders. Pure genius. I have one on the way and it should be here within the week. On a side note...printed on teh koozie...it says...Recycled Waders...waders on the mend. You may not get that unless you're familiar with fly fishing but that's ok. It's an expression fo controlling your extra line.
Years ago on my way to work with troubled adolescents, I would drive past a concrete wall that frequently got spray painted by young hoodlums. The city would repaint and within a few days it was hit again. One morning I had a vision. I had an idea of a product that could be applied to such walls that would repel spray paint. I wanted to work with Dupont on this but didn't know how to go about it so anyone would stick it to me. Years later I finally figured out what steps needed to be taken. As I was researching I stumbled across a company in the UK that had started making an identical product. I coulda been retired on my yacht by now.
Here's a new idea: In light of my recent dog paw, corn chip, yeast thing...I think a trip down to the fine folks at the Bristol Brewery are in order. They make a beer...maybe you've heard of it? Laughing Lab? What about a new brew that uses the yeast extracted from dog paws to give it just a bit of flare? I think I'm on to something here. I can already see (and smell) it.

Laughing Lab...come get a whiff!

Bristol Brewery...can you smell what we got cookin'?

Laughing Lab...it's the yeast that makes it a feast.

No comments: