Friday, February 12, 2010

Snob



I used to be a coffee snob but because of the acid in the beans I can now only drink Folgers low acid. We're not gonna talk about it cuz it's a sore subject for me. I've said before that I would gladly give up beer if I could drink really good coffee all day/night long and not suffer the pain that I do. Because of this, I probably have become a bit of a beer snob in recent years. Those that know me know I do not like sweets but Red Velvet cake is my Kryptonite. For our wedding we did cupcakes instead of a big cake. We went to several tastings before we settled on a place up in Boulder that was in a league of their own. Everyone else either had cake that was too dry or the wrong type of icing (I like the butter cream style versus the more popular cream cheese based frosting). Anyway...the UPS man just stopped by and delivered these babies. Heather ordered them for me from Washington D.C. for Valentines Day.

2 comments:

Craig said...

Hey Chris,

Craig again. I'm interested to find out where you are getting those cupcakes. My wife owns a bakery here and we get requests to ship things, but have always declined since the cakes are perishable (and delicate).

I guess cupcakes and maybe cookies would be ok. Did they ship in dry ice?

Red Velvet is the "hip" new cake flavor. We've been doing a bunch of wedding cakes in RV lately.

Check out my wife's site: www.celebratinglifecakes.com

She's doing a Godzilla on top of a building cake today... should be very cool. If you look in the sculpted cake gallery, you can see a cartoonish version of my 911 - that was my birthday cake.

Craig

Chris said...

The packaging was bomb proof that those came in. Each CC had a stick in it that you can see. Then they were placed in a sturdy tray but before the tray was closed, another tray ting was placed on top of the CC's. The entire tray contraption was placed in a box. This was placed in a styrofoam box of sorts with no top and then all that was placed into a bigger/thicker box. Then ice was packed (not dry ice though) on top and in the spot where the styrofoam top was missing. When they were delivered my wife said they were upside down. I think they coulda been dropped and been just fine.