Sunday, February 7, 2010

Getting antsy

I love winter but I really think I'm catching a bit of cabin fever. We're getting snow right now and supposed to get more tomorrow and some cold temps this week. I had to write a part of my thesis this weekend and, while it wasn't too bad, it did mean that I was not able to get out for any fun. I've been watching some fishing tonight. Tarpon on the fly. Browns. Rainbows. I even watched a trio of ladies that were managing to get into some suckers up in Montana (by mistake of course but you couldn't tell by the way they were handling them). I'm itching to fish and not so much wanting to ride. While I can always chase the most beautiful fresh water fish known to mankind (the trout), it's gonna be a bit before the ice thaws on the reservoirs and the Northerns start getting nasty. My buddy Scott and I are also gonna try something a bit different this summer.

In other news...I got an invite to a party (by way of my buddy Scott) at his friends Robert's house. I've fished with Robert before but that's about it. Anywho...the invite says, "If anyone has the chance to sample the same game as this night will present ever again in your life, I will pay your mortgage for a month....make that a year." I believe Robert is from Belgium so there will be no shortage of find Belgian ales and likely plenty of Rhinocerous stew and Gazelle meatballs. I'm dead serious about that last part.

2 comments:

Scott said...

Them Carp don't stand a chance this summer. I hope they are not a delicacy in Belgium.

Chris said...

Yeah I think unlike Pike, Carp have X, Y, and Z bones.