Monday, June 30, 2008

Ring the Peak

I rode the entire ring today. I thought it was a pretty tough ride. It was pretty uneventful. It was a good ride but I didn't see much other than quite a few mule deer and some lightning for about 2 hours (lightning makes me wanna cry). There's a boat load of climbing on this ride. This was the first long ride I've done fully loaded like I will be July 28. That stuff is heavy and really makes the climbs a bear. Here's the numbers:

Just a shade over 9 hours time on the bike.
My mileage shows right at 60 miles.
My altimeter indicated 10,600' vertical gain.
Average heart rate was 141.
Calories burned was 6057.

I saw stats from somebody elses ride that put it closer to 68 miles with 12,000 vertical feet but I followed the exact same course as he did so maybe it's just a difference in computers or maybe he included mileage to and from the trail (he rode there from his house). Regardless...I can scratch it off my list and say that I probably wont do it again. I'm a bit surprised at how fresh I feel after the fact. The real question will be: Can I do this for 530 miles?

No comments: