Monday, June 23, 2008

I've been a bit inconsistent with regard to the bike during the last 4-5 days. I did manage to get some JRA (just riding along) days in while we were in Evergreen and that was cool. The first evening we were there I rode some killer singletrack. I was blown away by how much mountain biking (and GOOD) mountain biking that area has. I did have to dodge a few elk along the way but they kept me on my toes. I also got a really nice road ride in on, what I would consider, some flatter roads. It felt so good to just spin along for 10 miles right next to a creek and look at the meadows and wildlife and really large houses. 

The days I didn't ride I fished my brains out. It was good to stand in the moving water again. I missed both the salmon/brown trout and the cutthroat spawns this year because I knew I had to be riding. I fished Bear Creek which was about 20 yards from my cabin door and landed countless browns, rainbows and even some nice cutbows. The caddis and baetis hatches were unreal every day.  

No comments: