Friday, June 27, 2008

Better today

This morning I did the same 3 hour road ride as yesterday. I finished it in 2:45 today and felt fine. Really getting tired of riding the same roads all the time. I only had a ham samich for lunch and some fruit before I laid down for a little nap. This afternoon I road the dirt for just under 3 hours. I hit the wall on the climb up to Rampart Reservoir and had to stop and eat some Clif Block Shots (love those things), and a GU. I felt better after 5 minutes. I made it about halfway around the trail before I felt the dreaded bonk coming on again. I stopped for more GU and Clif Blocks. I was sitting there staring at the ground hoping they would quickly do their thing when I looked up to see a beautiful blond colored black bear 30 yards from me and closing in with her head down. I watched her for a second before standing up and saying, "Oh bear!!". She was off like a prom dress. Even if I would have had my camera I don't think I would have gotten a pic b/c she hit the turbos. A few minutes later I started off again. I made it to the end of the trail before hitting the wall AGAIN. I was down to 2 GU's and, luckily, they were enough to get me home. Not doing too well here the last few days but I have not been eating well on purpose and I also have not been using anything on the bike other than water (none of the nutritional things that I will use during the race that really seem to work well for me but are just too spendy to use during training).

On another note...I was checking out Independent Fabrications racing team website today and it looks like the Colorado Trail race is on their Elite Mountain Bike teams schedule. Not sure who's showing up but a very reliable source has indicated that it will be a 3 person crew and one of the riders will be Trish Stevenson. Super stoked about the possibility of some pro riders showing up for this. Should make things interesting.

No comments: