Monday, August 9, 2010

Well enough

Is something I can never leave alone. I painted the wheels on the Subie recently. They turned out a bit lighter than I was shooting for but the color I wanted was hard to track down and I didn't wanna go with a custom made color as the car is pretty dinged up and I hate to be that guy who's polishing a turd so to speak. I have some simple mods in mind for this car but not too much and one of the reasons for that is cost. Back when I had the black Golf, I installed a super nice exhaust from the guys at Techtonics Tuning for 300 bills. A cat-back system on this car is gonna run me twice as much. In my opinion, it's kind of silly to do just a cat-back system on these cars because of the Boxer style motor and the sound that it can make once setup with the right exhaust. Borla unequal length headers really bring out the kind of oddball sound of the firing order on these motors. If I do it the way I want it's gonna easily be a grand. Heather's not gonna go for that at all since the entire exhaust including O2 sensors and cats and muffler are brand new and she knows that.

Oh well. It's also kinda nice to have a quiet car. I do have plans for some mudflaps from Rally Armor and I'd like to do some rally lights to it but I'm having some issues figuring out how I'm gonna mount them up. Rally Innovations has a killer light bar that mounts on the subframe but they get 260 bills for it. Once school starts back up I may get some tube and see if I can bend up and weld something that doesn't look too ghetto fab. Heather doesn't know it yet but I've been looking into some time speed distant rallies where she would have co-driving duties.

2 comments:

Pedal Brake Pedal by TK said...

eeeeeeaaaaaahh! gooooooooolllld!

Chris said...

Knew you'd appreciate the G factor.