Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Back to school

I try to refrain from talking about work on here as it's just not appropriate but it's about that time again. I'm actually very much OK with going back to work this year. I even volunteered to work registration today as sometimes we get transfer students in and the counselors don't quite know where to place them to serve them best and they defer to the special education staff to do so. No new students showed up though so I got to use that 3 hours to go through some schedules and try to figure out how I'm going to set things up.

The one difference this year is that I am now the department head for special education. I'm pretty sure this will entail more meetings and responsibilities but I was not given a key to the city. The principals asked if I wanted the position. I THINK they know what they're getting into but....we'll see. I'm truly honored that I was asked. I must be doing something right so I've got that going for me. Which is nice.

Bodhi's got that look like he's gotta poop so I better tend to him. Thanks for checking in. If you're from back home....we miss you.

No comments: