Monday, September 21, 2009

Live and learn

I've been saying this a lot lately to students. They seem to be doing the living part but not the learning part. If you go to juvie....you should not wanna go back. If you lip off to someone and they dot your eye....you should keep your mouth shut next time (at least next time you see them).

What have I learned as I've been living lately? Quite a bit actually. One of the things I spoke with the wise one about recently was living situations. A theory that he was presenting to the grasshopper was that you can live in a place that allows you to make enough money to go to the places you want to visit or you can live where you want to visit and probably not make much money but already be there. Make sense? The bills are really starting to get on my nerves. The real sad thing is that I don't have a car payment (nor does Heather). I don't have any credit card debt. My student loans have been of deferrment while I'm in grad school. Our bills are the mortgage, the gas and water (very expensive out here), food and whatever the mutts need.

I feel like we're not making any progress and......well......I know how Heather feels.

I know what's coming. Perhaps it's the reason I've been walking home so much lately. Looking at the mountains. I wish teachers made more. I wish I was a little bit taller. I wish I was a baller. I wish I had a girl who looked good I would call her. I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat. I wish I had a six four Impala.

No comments: