Thursday, November 6, 2008

My father in law was diagnosed with cancer several weeks back. My relationship with my own father was non-existent for the most part and when Heather and I tied the knot, I felt like the relationship between her father and I really grew and it's one that I really cherish.

The doctors successfully removed the tumor and we thought we were out of the woods. However, it looks like the cancer has spread into the lymph nodes. He's back home now and seems to be doing as good as can be expected. Doctors will not go back in and have opted to go the chemo route now. He'll start that in about 4 weeks.

I can't imagine going through an ordeal like this. It's been nerve wracking enough just knowing that it's someone in my new family. We're thinking about you all the time Pop. Hang in there.

No comments: