Saturday, April 19, 2008

Windy

Woke up at 6:40 to a strange sound. The first two times I heard it, I thought it was left over dream stuff. Finally pinned it down to the fairly hefty chairs on the deck being pushed around by the wind. One thing I've noticed about Colorado is that the wind always swirls. It's like riding in a friggin' tornado. A 20 second tail wind comes around and almost pushes you off the bike before it comes around and smacks you right in the face. Today when it was a headwind, I was absolutely forced to rely on the "superheroes voice". It's that voice when you grunt and say things like; "Must........keep.......pedaling." "This.......is........gonna..........be........trouble." It's kinda good though b/c it really simulates the long, slow climbing that I know is imminent come July.

My little Polar 4 week plan kicks in on Monday but I'm slowly building up and it usually doesn't take me too long once I'm able to get some good rides in. Four hours on the bike today was a struggle just cuz of the wind though. It's silly to pedal down a mountain and have to stand while pedaling only to have to crawl back up again due to a shift in wind. Really irritates me that I'm out there riding at what feels like a snails pace when I know full well that this is the scene back at the house:



Love that damn dog.

No comments: