Saturday, April 26, 2008

the # 30 sucks.

After sleeping in until noon or so, I made my way outside to temps in the high 30's and winds gusting to 30 mph. The plan was to spend some time grinding it out on forest service roads. I thought I might be able to avoid some wind up on Rampart Range with all the trees covering me. But alas...the wind always seemed to find me. The climb from the front door up to the top of the ridge is 7 miles but it takes an honest hour to get up it. For some reason I dig that climb. It started snowing as soon as I made it to the top.
There is a FS road that heads to Denver so I started plodding along in that direction. After about 50 minutes of that, I was pretty frozen so I decided to turn around and head for lower elevations. There's a killer downhill singletrack that bombs back down and puts you 5 or so miles down the mountain from town so I hit that and only dealt with a bit of snow before making my way back up towards home. Of course I had to deal with a headwind as I climbed up to Woodland. When I made it home I had 3 hours and 6 minutes in and felt good. I considered going further but decided to go in and eat and sleep. No school Monday and I think I feel a cold coming on so I better stay home and ride on Tuesday. Hoping to get some decent time in this weekend.

No pictures today b/c the camera phone is horrible and it's a pain bringing the good camera along. Thanks.

No comments: