Monday, April 14, 2008

Wedding bells

It's still pretty darn baffling to me that I actually found someone willing to put up with me...for life. Even more baffling is that even just 6 years ago, I detested the thought of marriage. That view stems from the fact that I didn't have the best teachers growing up, particularly when it came to displaying good morals with regard to marriage. I guess I just always looked at it like getting married was fulfilling the worlds expectation. So many marriages (like my own parents') end in divorce. I always felt that I didn't need a label to be trusting. A piece of jewelry is not what keeps two people together, faithful, and working as a team to enjoy life to its fullest.

However, the relocation to Colorado was extremely difficult for both of us and it really brought us closer. So...a while back I decided to make it official and I never felt more confident about that decision. After much preparation, we will finally tie the knot on June 21 of this year. I can't believe how excited I am about the ceremony. Even though some of the planning has been eye-gougingly painful, it sure was fun to do...together.

When it came time to look at wedding rings for me, I wanted to do something different. Part of me probably wanted to go against the grain a bit. The majority of me wanted something that couldn't be lost, stolen or removed for convenience. So I had Paulie come up with a really nice Celtic band. He did an excellent job. I also have a very nice white gold band that I will sometimes wear as well. The cool thing is that I wont have to worry about scratching a ring or losing it if I'm working on a car, or doing something else foolish. It really is the best of both worlds.






No comments: