Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Time to get serious...and stuff

I haven't used a heart rate monitor in eons. I picked up a new Polar CS200 and, I gotta say, this things pretty slick. Over the years of dealing with students and trying to improve their math and reading levels, I've become a bit of a data dork. I'm constantly crunching numbers and can always provide parents with daily numbers that indicate both of those levels. I never really was that way with heart rate but I don't think there'll be much room for error come July 28.

Polar provides a site where you can keep a diary and it crunches data for you and will even spit out a program for you. Today I had it program a 4 week plan for me just to see what it looked like. It seems ok I guess. I don't know. I'm feeling like an idiot. This type of ride is completely new to me.

No comments: