Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Polar CS200cad




I haven't ridden since I was in St. Louis because I still have a pain in the neck. Couple that with a few pains in the rear at work and I'm hatin' it. Not sure what's going on. I've used a heating pad every night, stretched lightly, used that wonderful smelling Ben-Gay, and taken things very easy but it still hurts. It's absolutely killing me to have the Alma downstairs and it's only seen a 30 minute ride so far. We're under a snow advisory for tonight and I guess tomorrow too so that's not helping any.



My friend Tim suggested that I might want to get another heart rate monitor just to make sure that I'm not drilling it for too long on this ride. I'm a bit of a data dork so he didn't have to talk for too long. I haven't used one of these things for 10 years but I bought this Polar. It's a pretty slick deal really. Wireless computer and monitor all in one and it calculates calories burned and cadence. I don't really care about cadence for the MTB but I can program the computer for 2 bikes so that will come in handy on my road bike.

No comments: