Wednesday, April 2, 2008

On a bit of a sad note...




my dog has had a bump near her eye for a bit over a week now. Got that looked at today and it's very suspicious. Her breed is susceptible to skin issues and the Dr. said she's not sure what it is but that it could very well be the early stages of a cancerous tumor. So she's now scheduled for surgery. I hope it's nothing life-threatening. That damn dog changed my life. I thought long and hard about bringing her home from the time I picked her out at 5 weeks until I brought her home at 8 weeks. I knew that some day...I would have to deal with the hardest loss of my life. I get teary eyed just thinking about it. I suppose a more optimistic way of looking at it would be to consider whether all the joy she's brought to my life outweighs any pain/suffering in her absence. Certainly not easy to do. Even after 6 years together.

No comments: