Tuesday, April 22, 2008

That's wack

Well after one (count it) one day on my polar trainging program...I'm bailing. Just not sure a mass-produced, PC generated program is gonna get me to Durango in less than a year. It wanted me to do 3 sets of intervals this week and the heart rates it wanted me to maintain were silly. I hit those heart rates when I get up to pee at night. I can't even think about climbing a hill at 128-147 beats per minute.

Huge thanks to my friend TK for being such a big help in this adventure. The guy is so knowledgable about training and he made some suggestions to me that make a lot of sense. So I'll be taking his advice from here on out. We were team mates from long ago and he knows me and my fitness pretty darn well. He also knows a thing or two about doing very well in bike races. I'm really excited about the punishment that's coming.

No comments: