Sunday, May 6, 2012

With work being so crazy lately, I haven't gotten in as much riding as I would like but I still feel like I'm in pretty good shape after having taken off a month with neck issues. The MRI showed that I have a bulging disc at C6. My doctor suggested some Cortizone injections in the area and the doctor that would do that is supposed to call me this week. I'm a bit nervous about it but I'm gonna listen to what he has to say and go from there. 

The first event I have signed up for this year is the Salida Big Friggin' Loop. This is put on by the same guy (Tom Purvis) that puts on the Vapor Trail 125 in the fall. I've wanted to do the VT for a few years now so completing the BFL will be good for Tom to see and it will be a big step in the right direction for me this year. This race was originally scheduled for June 16th but it recently got moved up a week. This is not ideal for me because I am supposed to be on the road for 5 days but it's gonna have to do. 

Yesterday I got out for a decent ride. I rode up to Rampart Reservoir and did 2 laps on the trail and then dropped back into town. It was a 40 mile ride. The BFL is actually going to have 2 loop options (88 and 109 I think). We will start in Salida and take the first few miles of the VT before turning on the Colorado Trail and heading towards Cottonwood Pass and then dropping down into Buena Vista. From there I'm pretty sure we start in on some fire roads that eventually will hook up with the Tour Divide route and drop us back into Salida for the finish.  

Just because Heather loves the self-portrait. 



Little bit of fire road connector to the reservoir loop.

No comments: