Monday, June 3, 2013

Rampart Reservoir 2013

Just last week the singletrack around Rampart Reservoir re-opened for the first time since the Waldo Canyon fire. I wanted to get up and check it out because this is one of my favorite rides. It is beautiful. With nothing but sight seeing and checking out the damage from the fire on the agenda, I started pedaling. It was pretty surreal. This is a slideshow of some of the pictures I took.

RR2013 from Chris Neumann on Vimeo.

This ride was about 4 hours total and it was a really mellow pace. After the 2 hour mark, my neck started to lock up and, shortly after that, the pain got worse. I'm 40. I'm worried. I love riding my bike and there's some things that I was still hoping to do. I'd like to do the Colorado Trail one more time and I've always wanted to do the Tour Divide. My doctor says that I should reconsider things. I'm worried that if these neck issues continue that I will be 50 and feeling like I'm 65 and that's no way to live. I hope to get back into my spinal doctor by the end of the week and see what he recommends as the next step but the chances of me doing this weekends ride in Salida are slim now and that's a shame because it's a fun race.

No comments: