Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Did you ever get that feeling...

That you know how something is going to turn out but you never really know unless someone that is more educated/wise tells you for sure? I've had that feeling for the last few weeks. The last 2 days, in particular, were really strange. The issue is one of the discs in my neck. After Kokopellis, I didn't/couldn't ride for a few weeks because of the pain. My primary care doctor sent in a referral for my spinal doctor about 2 weeks ago and I still haven't heard anything. He also gave me some pain killers and muscle relaxers to get me by. When I don't ride, the pain subsides. I rode the other day and had almost immediate pain. Last summer I got a Cortisone injection but it's all done. I'm sure my spinal doctor will want to do another MRI and then I hope to get another injection but I don't know that someone can get an injection every year. I also don't know what long term damage continuing to ride might cause. The doctor and I talked about this issue and cycling before so I'm pretty sure what his recommendation is going to be. The issues are not caused my bike fit. They are likely caused by genetics, a long ago trampoline incident, and all of the endurance riding I've done in the last 6 years. In the back of my head, I am pretty sure my doctor is going to recommend that I find something else to do other than cycling. Cycling has been a huge part of my life. I'm not sure how I feel about this.

Do not take the smallest thing for granted. Ever.

No comments: