Sunday, October 11, 2009

Any guesses?



What's going on with this here picture? OK....I'll save you the trouble. This is what the last pic in the life of a Canon Power Shot camera looks like after it's been dropped in a river.

It was a rough day for me. I made it almost halfway to the river and then realized I forgot my wading boots in the tub. I had to turn around and go back home to get them. Once I got sorted I walked to one of the first oxbows that's downstream from the spillway and it looked GOOD. Normally I don't fish water just cuz it looks fishy. I gotta see fish to make the effort. But it looked so good and it had a nice little foam line running through it. On about drift #5 there was a real nice flash down in the pool. I set the hook and had a real nice rainbow hen that was pushing 18". I left that run afterwards and hit up some different stuff and caught a few more. This is a pic of the one I caught a few seconds after the camera fell out of my chest pack. So...this is it. It's broke now. It won't open. Oh well. I thought my wife was gonna kill me but she just said, "Shit happens."

Other than that it was a great day to be out on the water. Saw a nice herd of elk with 2 good bulls. Saw a small group of mulies with a decent buck in charge of the harem. And.......I also saw numerous Salmon in the deeper pools. It'll just get better this week.

1 comment:

Ohio Robb said...

buy an olympus water proof job and kiss camera trouble goodbye. didn't know you fished...now you have to come fish and ride the Pisgah national forest..lots of guys on bikes with collapsible fly rods.