Monday, April 9, 2012

Here's to your health

Late last week I had my blood work done to check my cholesterol levels. I haven't gotten the results back yet but I know they're going to be high. It's the only thing that would explain the plaque build up they found in my artery. I'm sure it's not just in the left Carotid. Thanks to my kin. I'm still not riding until I get the results back because, at a minimum, my doctor is going to probably be putting me on Lipitor to clean my plumbing. I was a little worried about being able to do something like Colorado Trail or Tour Divide but my doctor didn't seem all that worried. Of course, a chunk of something could break off and make me a vegetable but it could also happen while walking to the fridge for a beer. They are also going to check my testosterone levels because, even with my CPAP/fighter pilot costume that I wear at night, I am still a total bitch in the mornings. My co-workers pretty much know not to speak to me before I have an hour to throw coffee down my pie hole and wake up. My kids generally know not to rock the boat until then either but every once in a while someone wants a shot at the title. The biggest difference it's made is that I no longer take 3 hour naps after work anymore. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little pissed off about being 39 and having all these issues but at least I'm not wearing a diaper yet. So I got that going for me.

No comments: